Sundance Selects acquired U.S. rights to writer-director François Ozon‘s Young & Beautiful from Wild Bunch. The drama stars rising French actress Marine Vacth in the lead role, alongside Geraldine Pailhas, Frederic Pierrot, Fantin Ravat, Johan Leysen, Charlotte Rampling, Nathalie Richard, Djedje Apali, Lucas Prisor, Laurent Delbecque, Jeanne Ruff, and Serge Hefez. It tells the story of a young woman coming of age from her sexual awakening to the loss of her virginity, and from her exploration of love to her search for her identity. It made its world premiere this week in Competition at Cannes. Ozon’s film Swimming Pool was in Competition at the 2003 Cannes fest. Cohen Media Group released Ozon’s last film, In The House, last month after it previewed at Col-Coa. Eric & Nicolas Altmayer produced Young & Beautiful. The deal for the film was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, SVP of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Carole Baraton and Henri Fabre at Wild Bunch on behalf of the filmmakers.
Cannes: Sundance Selects Acquires François Ozon’s ‘Young & Beautiful’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates