Sundance Selects acquired U.S. rights to writer-director François Ozon‘s Young & Beautiful from Wild Bunch. The drama stars rising French actress Marine Vacth in the lead role, alongside Geraldine Pailhas, Frederic Pierrot, Fantin Ravat, Johan Leysen, Charlotte Rampling, Nathalie Richard, Djedje Apali, Lucas Prisor, Laurent Delbecque, Jeanne Ruff, and Serge Hefez. It tells the story of a young woman coming of age from her sexual awakening to the loss of her virginity, and from her exploration of love to her search for her identity. It made its world premiere this week in Competition at Cannes. Ozon’s film Swimming Pool was in Competition at the 2003 Cannes fest. Cohen Media Group released Ozon’s last film, In The House, last month after it previewed at Col-Coa. Eric & Nicolas Altmayer produced Young & Beautiful. The deal for the film was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, SVP of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Carole Baraton and Henri Fabre at Wild Bunch on behalf of the filmmakers.
Cannes: Sundance Selects Acquires François Ozon’s ‘Young & Beautiful’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World – Guest…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee, And Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?