France’s Studiocanal will co-finance the upcoming adaptation of Macbeth that has Michael Fassbender and Natalie Portman toplining. Snowtown‘s Justin Kurzel is directing from a script by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff. Principal photography starts in January in the UK. See-Saw’s Iain Canning and Emile Sherman will produce the project that was developed with Film4 who’s also a co-financier. Studiocanal takes distribution rights in the UK, France and Germany and will start international sales in Cannes. The company recently backed the Coen brothers’ Cannes competition title Inside Llewyn Davis.
Cannes: Studiocanal Boards ‘Macbeth’ As Co-Financier; Will Handle International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2