France’s Studiocanal will co-finance the upcoming adaptation of Macbeth that has Michael Fassbender and Natalie Portman toplining. Snowtown‘s Justin Kurzel is directing from a script by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff. Principal photography starts in January in the UK. See-Saw’s Iain Canning and Emile Sherman will produce the project that was developed with Film4 who’s also a co-financier. Studiocanal takes distribution rights in the UK, France and Germany and will start international sales in Cannes. The company recently backed the Coen brothers’ Cannes competition title Inside Llewyn Davis.
Cannes: Studiocanal Boards ‘Macbeth’ As Co-Financier; Will Handle International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Studiocanal Doubles Down On Family Fare: Re-Teams With Nick Park And Gilles De Maistre For New Pics: Cannes
- Apocalypse Averted: Europe Unveils Plans For Digital Single Market, Film Business Survives
- SND Boards ‘What Happened To Monday?’ With Noomi Rapace, Glenn Close – Cannes
- Will Bollywood Star Salman Khan’s Guilty Verdict In Fatal Hit & Run Impact Industry?
- IATSE and AMPTP Reach Three-Year Area Standards Deal
- ‘Arctic Justice: Thunder Squad’ Sets Big-Name Voice Cast; ARC Gets ‘Freedom'; Rialto Releasing Restored ‘The Third Man’ In…