France’s Studiocanal will co-finance the upcoming adaptation of Macbeth that has Michael Fassbender and Natalie Portman toplining. Snowtown‘s Justin Kurzel is directing from a script by Todd Luiso and Jacob Koskoff. Principal photography starts in January in the UK. See-Saw’s Iain Canning and Emile Sherman will produce the project that was developed with Film4 who’s also a co-financier. Studiocanal takes distribution rights in the UK, France and Germany and will start international sales in Cannes. The company recently backed the Coen brothers’ Cannes competition title Inside Llewyn Davis.
Cannes: Studiocanal Boards ‘Macbeth’ As Co-Financier; Will Handle International Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role