Samuel L. Jackson will star with Hailee Steinfeld in RKO Pictures’ Barely Lethal, the Brett Ratner-produced pic that’s being directed by Kyle Newman. From a script by John D’Arco, the action-comedy sees a 16-year old international assassin fake her own death in pursuit of a “normal” adolescence. Jackson will play the girl’s former employer who seeks her out in the small rural town where she’s trying to deal with high-school. Highland Film Group is handling international sales in Cannes with principal photography starting in the fall. RKO Pictures, Hopscotch Pictures and Rat Entertainment produce. Jackson and Steinfeld are repped by ICM Partners.
Cannes: Samuel L. Jackson Joins ‘Barely Lethal’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under