Samuel L. Jackson will star with Hailee Steinfeld in RKO Pictures’ Barely Lethal, the Brett Ratner-produced pic that’s being directed by Kyle Newman. From a script by John D’Arco, the action-comedy sees a 16-year old international assassin fake her own death in pursuit of a “normal” adolescence. Jackson will play the girl’s former employer who seeks her out in the small rural town where she’s trying to deal with high-school. Highland Film Group is handling international sales in Cannes with principal photography starting in the fall. RKO Pictures, Hopscotch Pictures and Rat Entertainment produce. Jackson and Steinfeld are repped by ICM Partners.
Cannes: Samuel L. Jackson Joins ‘Barely Lethal’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival