Will Clarke’s Altitude Film Entertainment is teaming with Subzero Film Entertainment to produce action adventure pic Big Game which has Samuel L. Jackson attached to play the president of the United States. Jalmari Helander, the Finnish director behind 2010’s Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale, makes his English-language helming debut with the pic. The story centers on a shy 13-year old boy who undergoes a test of manhood by spending a day and night alone in the wilderness. On the same night, Air Force One is shot down by terrorists and the boy discovers the president in an escape pod in the forest where the pair team up in a struggle for survival. Clarke and Andy Mayson co-produce for Altitude along with Jens Meurer of Egoli Tossell Film. Alex Garland is executive producer. Production starts in late summer and Altitude Film Sales will start pitching to buyers in Cannes. It’s also starting sales on horror thriller The Loch, co-scripted by The Woman In Black director James Watkins. Simon Duric will direct with Peter Mullan attached to star. The new take on the Loch Ness myth is set to go into production later this year.
Cannes: Samuel L. Jackson Attached As U.S. President For Altitude’s ‘Big Game’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?