While the big Cannes Film Festival awards will be unveiled this weekend, Salvo took the Grand Prix Nespresso, the top prize at Cannes Critics Week. Salvo was directed by Fabio Grassadonia and Antonio Piazza. Salvo also took the France 4 Visionary Awards. The Discovery prize for short film went to Come And Play by Daria Belova. Pleasure by Ninja Thyberg won the Canal+ short film award, while the Society of Authors, Directors and Composers Award for best screenplay went to Le Demantlement by Sebastien Pilote. The opening film was Suzanne, which premiered out of competition, and Sundance pic Ain’t Them Bodies Saints also had a special out of competition screening in the slate.
Cannes: ‘Salvo’ Wins Critics Week Grand Prize; ‘Come And Play’ Takes Short Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest Film News
- Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony’s Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog…
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Clip: ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel’s Ultimate…
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon
- As Tom Hardy Promised, A New ‘Venom’ Trailer Drops At CinemaCon – Watch
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…