EXCLUSIVE: Salma Hayek has signed to star in Everly, which Joe Lynch will direct from a Black List script by Yale Hannon. The movie will be shot in Belgrade, Serbia this summer. Pic is an intense action thriller centered on a down-on-her-luck woman who is forced to fend off waves of assassins sent by her ex, a dangerous mob boss. The film is set entirely in one room. Hayek, repped by CAA and Management 360, is producing the animated film The Prophet with Participant Media Films and reprises with Adam Sandler in Grown Ups 2. Singapore–based Vega, Baby! will produce via Everly Productions in conjunction with Adam Ripp, Rob Paris and Luke Rivett. Rizal Risjad will executive produce and Brett Hedblom is co-producing. Sierra/Affinity is handling international sales and CAA is representing U.S. rights.
Cannes: Salma Hayek To Star In Black List Project ‘Everly’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box Office…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation