Peter Webber, helmer of Girl With A Pearl Earring, Hannibal Rising and Emperor, has come attached to Bedlam Productions’ Happy Camp. The noir thriller is set to shoot in North America at the end of 2013. Scripted by Zayd Dohrn and produced by Stella Nwimo, Happy Camp follows a drug-addled former Deputy Sheriff, Cal, searching for his missing daughter amongst the complex politics of a rural Californian logging community. Taking place just off-reservation, the story exists where several worlds collide, with drug dealers, Native Americans, and corrupt officials all coming to blows. Meanwhile Cal grows increasingly desperate as he unearths a major conspiracy involving his daughter and a devastating forest fire rages, threatening to destroy the town of Happy Camp.
Cannes: Peter Webber Checks Into ‘Happy Camp’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line