Oscilloscope Laboratories acquired U.S. rights to Emanuel Hoss-Desmarais’ Whitewash, starring Thomas Haden Church. The pic world premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival where it won the Best New Narrative Director Award. Oscilloscope will release the film theatrically and across all digital platforms. In the film, Haden Church plays Bruce, a down-on-his-luck and recently unemployed plow operator in a small, snowy Canadian town. When Bruce accidentally kills a man In the midst of an angry rampage with his snowplow, he must deal with the consequences. Whitewash simultaneously explores the internalized guilt and frustration Bruce is harboring, and his external battle with the rugged wintry terrain he is faced with as he attempts to escape his situation. The film was produced by Luc Dery and Kim McCraw of micro_scope. The deal was negotiated by David Laub and Dan Berger of Oscilloscope with Charlotte Mickie of Entertainment One (eOne) on behalf of the filmmakers. Currently, eOne is selling the film in Cannes.
Cannes: Oscilloscope Acquires Dark Comic Thriller ‘Whitewash’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016