America Video Films will screen romantic-comedy Middleton, starring Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga, at Cannes. Adam Rodgers directed from a script he co-wrote with Glenn German. Middleton centers on a once-in-a-lifetime relationship that develops between two strangers over the course of a single day. Edith (Farmiga) meets George (Garcia), while taking their children on a walking tour of a beautiful small college. Failing to connect with their children, George and Edith decide to play “tour hooky” together for the rest of the afternoon. The result is a surprising romance and the greatest half-day of their lives. America Video Films will be selling the pic at Cannes. German, Sig Libowitz and Andy Garcia produced under Garcia’s CineSon Productions banner. Ellen Wander of Film Bridge International and Sonya Lunsford (The Help) were exec producers. Anchor Bay brings the film to North America later this year.
Cannes: America Video To Screen Andy Garcia-Vera Farmiga Comedy ‘Middleton’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM