America Video Films will screen romantic-comedy Middleton, starring Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga, at Cannes. Adam Rodgers directed from a script he co-wrote with Glenn German. Middleton centers on a once-in-a-lifetime relationship that develops between two strangers over the course of a single day. Edith (Farmiga) meets George (Garcia), while taking their children on a walking tour of a beautiful small college. Failing to connect with their children, George and Edith decide to play “tour hooky” together for the rest of the afternoon. The result is a surprising romance and the greatest half-day of their lives. America Video Films will be selling the pic at Cannes. German, Sig Libowitz and Andy Garcia produced under Garcia’s CineSon Productions banner. Ellen Wander of Film Bridge International and Sonya Lunsford (The Help) were exec producers. Anchor Bay brings the film to North America later this year.
Cannes: America Video To Screen Andy Garcia-Vera Farmiga Comedy ‘Middleton’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First