America Video Films will screen romantic-comedy Middleton, starring Andy Garcia and Vera Farmiga, at Cannes. Adam Rodgers directed from a script he co-wrote with Glenn German. Middleton centers on a once-in-a-lifetime relationship that develops between two strangers over the course of a single day. Edith (Farmiga) meets George (Garcia), while taking their children on a walking tour of a beautiful small college. Failing to connect with their children, George and Edith decide to play “tour hooky” together for the rest of the afternoon. The result is a surprising romance and the greatest half-day of their lives. America Video Films will be selling the pic at Cannes. German, Sig Libowitz and Andy Garcia produced under Garcia’s CineSon Productions banner. Ellen Wander of Film Bridge International and Sonya Lunsford (The Help) were exec producers. Anchor Bay brings the film to North America later this year.
Cannes: America Video To Screen Andy Garcia-Vera Farmiga Comedy ‘Middleton’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer
- Alexa Platt Returns To Open Road Films After Stint At AwesomenessTV