EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Trilogy star Michael Nyqvist, whose recent Hollywood films include Disconnect and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, is returning home to Sweden for dramedy My So-Called Father. Directed by A Summer Tale‘s Ulf Malmros, the film will be released in Scandinavia by Disney/Buena Vista next year. Up-and-comer Vera Vitali also stars in the story of a self-involved dad and the estranged daughter who tries to re-create him when he loses his memory. Jan Blomgren of Bob Film Sweden, which produced 2008 Sundance Grand Jury Prize winner The King Of Ping Pong, is producing with Film I Väst, The Walt Disney Company Nordic, TV4, Molkom Film, GEL Investment and Nordsvensk. Bob Film is handling international sales.
Cannes: Michael Nyqvist Is ‘My So-Called Father’ In Bob Film & Disney Dramedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest Film News
- Toronto To Open With ‘The Magnificent Seven’; ‘La La Land’, ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Among Galas…
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalize Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?