EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Trilogy star Michael Nyqvist, whose recent Hollywood films include Disconnect and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, is returning home to Sweden for dramedy My So-Called Father. Directed by A Summer Tale‘s Ulf Malmros, the film will be released in Scandinavia by Disney/Buena Vista next year. Up-and-comer Vera Vitali also stars in the story of a self-involved dad and the estranged daughter who tries to re-create him when he loses his memory. Jan Blomgren of Bob Film Sweden, which produced 2008 Sundance Grand Jury Prize winner The King Of Ping Pong, is producing with Film I Väst, The Walt Disney Company Nordic, TV4, Molkom Film, GEL Investment and Nordsvensk. Bob Film is handling international sales.
Cannes: Michael Nyqvist Is ‘My So-Called Father’ In Bob Film & Disney Dramedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA