EXCLUSIVE: Franck Khalfoun will next direct I-Lived, his follow-up to the Elijah Wood-starring Maniac. Based on his own script, the movie centers on a young online app reviewer whose latest assignment mysteriously improves his life, but also starts to tear him apart. Ehud Bleiberg, Alix Taylor and Pavlina Hatoupis are producing along with the director. Tiffany Boyle and Nicholas Donnermeyer are executive producing. Bleiberg Entertainment’s Compound B division kicks off sales next week in Cannes and principal photography is set to start at the end of May. Khalfoun got his start working closely with French helmer Alexandre Aja and acted in the director’s High Tension and Piranha. His Maniac, a reboot of the cult 1980 serial killer movie, had an official out of competition screening berth in Cannes last year. IFC Midnight acquired it for the U.S. Khalfoun’s other directing credits include P2 and Wrong Turn At Tahoe. He is represented by Sara Bottfeld and Jess Rosenthal of Industry Entertainment.
Cannes: ‘Maniac’ Director Franck Khalfoun Sets ‘I-Lived’ As Next Project
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More