After two years stuck in the mud, the movie Spinning Gold, with Justin Timberlake as 1970s record icon Neil Bogart, seems to be spinning. Scripted by Timothy Scott Bogart, the pic is set up to be financed and sold at Cannes by Foresight Unlimited. Bogart nurtured the career of Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and The Village People among many others. He died in 1982 at age 39. Foresight’s CEO Mark Damon will produce the film alongside Timberlake, Laurence Mark and Boardwalk Entertainment’s Timothy Scott Bogart and Gary A. Randall. They hope to get underway next year.
Cannes: Justin Timberlake To Play Neil Bogart In ‘Spinning Gold’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: James Dixon Wins; Katzenberg Woes; American Sniper Wows; ‘Ghostbusters’ Cast, Whoa!
- Robert Redford-Nick Nolte Pic’ A Walk In The Woods’ Lands Whopping Broad Green Deal – Sundance
- Bleecker Street Acquires ‘I’ll See You In My Dreams’ – Sundance
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update