After two years stuck in the mud, the movie Spinning Gold, with Justin Timberlake as 1970s record icon Neil Bogart, seems to be spinning. Scripted by Timothy Scott Bogart, the pic is set up to be financed and sold at Cannes by Foresight Unlimited. Bogart nurtured the career of Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and The Village People among many others. He died in 1982 at age 39. Foresight’s CEO Mark Damon will produce the film alongside Timberlake, Laurence Mark and Boardwalk Entertainment’s Timothy Scott Bogart and Gary A. Randall. They hope to get underway next year.
Cannes: Justin Timberlake To Play Neil Bogart In ‘Spinning Gold’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'