After two years stuck in the mud, the movie Spinning Gold, with Justin Timberlake as 1970s record icon Neil Bogart, seems to be spinning. Scripted by Timothy Scott Bogart, the pic is set up to be financed and sold at Cannes by Foresight Unlimited. Bogart nurtured the career of Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and The Village People among many others. He died in 1982 at age 39. Foresight’s CEO Mark Damon will produce the film alongside Timberlake, Laurence Mark and Boardwalk Entertainment’s Timothy Scott Bogart and Gary A. Randall. They hope to get underway next year.
Cannes: Justin Timberlake To Play Neil Bogart In ‘Spinning Gold’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’