Robert Downey Jr. has joined ensemble comedy Chef, reteaming with his Iron Man and Iron Man II director and co-star Jon Favreau. Favreau wrote and is helming the film. Also on board are Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo and Bobby Cannavale. Aldamisa International will start pre-sales in Cannes on the movie that’s based on an original idea from Favreau about a man who loses his job as a chef and starts a food truck to reclaim his artistic promise. Production starts July 8 in LA. Karen Gilchrist and Aldamisa co-chair Sergei Bespalov are producing. Aldamisa is financing with partner Kilburn Media and Mark Manuel. CAA packaged and is repping U.S. rights. The deal was negotiated by Jere Hausfater and Philip Elway on behalf of Aldamisa.
Cannes: Jon Favreau’s ‘Chef’ Adds Robert Downey Jr.; Aldamisa Selling International
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations