Robert Downey Jr. has joined ensemble comedy Chef, reteaming with his Iron Man and Iron Man II director and co-star Jon Favreau. Favreau wrote and is helming the film. Also on board are Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo and Bobby Cannavale. Aldamisa International will start pre-sales in Cannes on the movie that’s based on an original idea from Favreau about a man who loses his job as a chef and starts a food truck to reclaim his artistic promise. Production starts July 8 in LA. Karen Gilchrist and Aldamisa co-chair Sergei Bespalov are producing. Aldamisa is financing with partner Kilburn Media and Mark Manuel. CAA packaged and is repping U.S. rights. The deal was negotiated by Jere Hausfater and Philip Elway on behalf of Aldamisa.
Cannes: Jon Favreau’s ‘Chef’ Adds Robert Downey Jr.; Aldamisa Selling International
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit' Rules; 'Bullets' Fire Up China; 'PK' Lands; 'Museum' Opens Doors: Intl BO
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well