Robert Downey Jr. has joined ensemble comedy Chef, reteaming with his Iron Man and Iron Man II director and co-star Jon Favreau. Favreau wrote and is helming the film. Also on board are Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo and Bobby Cannavale. Aldamisa International will start pre-sales in Cannes on the movie that’s based on an original idea from Favreau about a man who loses his job as a chef and starts a food truck to reclaim his artistic promise. Production starts July 8 in LA. Karen Gilchrist and Aldamisa co-chair Sergei Bespalov are producing. Aldamisa is financing with partner Kilburn Media and Mark Manuel. CAA packaged and is repping U.S. rights. The deal was negotiated by Jere Hausfater and Philip Elway on behalf of Aldamisa.
Cannes: Jon Favreau’s ‘Chef’ Adds Robert Downey Jr.; Aldamisa Selling International
What's Hot on Deadline
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgment’ Unexpectedly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk