Jennifer Garner and Michael Caine have been cast alongside Al Pacino, Annette Bening, and Bobby Cannavale in Imagine, about an aging rock star (Pacino) who reconnects with his grown son after opening a letter sent from John Lennon to his 19-year-old self. Garner will play Pacino’s daughter-in-law, with Caine onboard as his longtime friend and manager. Writer Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love, Tangled) is set to direct from his own script for Inimitable Pictures and Mister Smith Entertainment, with filming to begin late June/early July in LA. The based-on-a-true-story pic was originally set up at WB for Steve Carell before it went into turnaround and was revived as an indie production. Denise DiNovi, Jessie Nelson, and Nimitt Mankad are producing. Shivani Rawat is executive producing for Inimitable Pictures which is financing the film. David Garrett’s Mister Smith Entertainment will be shopping foreign rights this week at Cannes. WME Global is handling US sales and negotiated the deal with Mister Smith, with Stephen Dembitzer LLP repping Inimitable Pictures.
Cannes: Jennifer Garner, Michael Caine Join ‘Imagine’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…