Exclusive Media will produce and co-finance the Sam Fell-directed action comedy Skipttrace, with Jackie Chan starring with Fan Bingbing in a co-production between Exclusive Media’s Nigel Sinclair and Guy East and Beijing-based Talent International Film Co. President Esmond Ren. Exclusive will sell at Cannes. Pic is based on an idea by Chan, and written by Jay Longino, Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka. The action comedy follows a Hong Kong detective (Chan) who is tasked with tracking down a mouthy American gambler on the run from his creditors. The men form an unlikely partnership and attempt to take down Hong Kong’s most notorious criminal, while embarking on a wild journey through some of China’s most scenic and exotic locales.
Cannes: Jackie Chan Teams With Fan Bingbing On ‘Skiptrace’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur