Exclusive Media will produce and co-finance the Sam Fell-directed action comedy Skipttrace, with Jackie Chan starring with Fan Bingbing in a co-production between Exclusive Media’s Nigel Sinclair and Guy East and Beijing-based Talent International Film Co. President Esmond Ren. Exclusive will sell at Cannes. Pic is based on an idea by Chan, and written by Jay Longino, Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka. The action comedy follows a Hong Kong detective (Chan) who is tasked with tracking down a mouthy American gambler on the run from his creditors. The men form an unlikely partnership and attempt to take down Hong Kong’s most notorious criminal, while embarking on a wild journey through some of China’s most scenic and exotic locales.
Cannes: Jackie Chan Teams With Fan Bingbing On ‘Skiptrace’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns'
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'John Wick' Partners PalmStar & Thunder Road Make $200 Million Slate Financing Deal
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA