EXCLUSIVE: All Is Lost and Margin Call director J.C. Chandor has set his next project. He will write and direct A Most Violent Year which will shoot this fall in New York City. The logline is being kept under wraps, but I’m told a group of A-listers are being approached and that there will be several in the movie. It will be a bigger-scale film than the previous two, which were made for $3.4M and $9M, respectively. Neal Dodson via Before the Door Pictures and Anna Gerb, who both produced All Is Lost, are producers. Glen Basner is exec producing via FilmNation and has global sales. Chandor is here in town for his Robert Redford-starrer All Is Lost which received a glowing reception last night at its official screening.
Cannes: J.C. Chandor Sets Next Project ‘A Most Violent Year’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- Chris Morgan Productions & Voltage Pictures Team On Action Title ‘The Prodigal’
- Jonathan Demme Has Died At 73; Director Extraordinaire Won Oscar For ‘Silence Of The Lambs’
- Orion & Samuel Goldwyn Nab Philippa Lowthorpe's ‘Swallows And Amazons’
- Netflix Seeks French Compromise For Cannes Films 'Okja' And 'The Meyerowitz Stories'
- Protagonist Pictures Boards Directors’ Fortnight Title ‘The Rider’ — Cannes
- Paul Verhoeven Sets Next: ‘Blessed Virgin’ To Star ‘Elle’s Virginie Efira As Lesbian Nun