Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is poised to get the remake treatment from Fox International Productions, following the film’s Audience Award win at Sundance 2013. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, and produced by Ellis and Mathilde Charpentier, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future in Manila who takes the most dangerous job in the city as an armored transport driver. Pic was filmed entirely in Tagalog despite Ellis not speaking the language. Ellis is repped by ICM, who negotiated the deal with FIP.
Cannes: Fox International Productions Takes ‘Metro Manila’ Remake Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine