Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is poised to get the remake treatment from Fox International Productions, following the film’s Audience Award win at Sundance 2013. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, and produced by Ellis and Mathilde Charpentier, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future in Manila who takes the most dangerous job in the city as an armored transport driver. Pic was filmed entirely in Tagalog despite Ellis not speaking the language. Ellis is repped by ICM, who negotiated the deal with FIP.
Cannes: Fox International Productions Takes ‘Metro Manila’ Remake Rights
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer