Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is poised to get the remake treatment from Fox International Productions, following the film’s Audience Award win at Sundance 2013. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, and produced by Ellis and Mathilde Charpentier, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future in Manila who takes the most dangerous job in the city as an armored transport driver. Pic was filmed entirely in Tagalog despite Ellis not speaking the language. Ellis is repped by ICM, who negotiated the deal with FIP.
Cannes: Fox International Productions Takes ‘Metro Manila’ Remake Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…