Sean Ellis’ Philippines-set Metro Manila is poised to get the remake treatment from Fox International Productions, following the film’s Audience Award win at Sundance 2013. Written by Oscar- and BAFTA-nominated English filmmaker Ellis (Cashback) and Frankie E. Flowers, and produced by Ellis and Mathilde Charpentier, the thriller follows a poor farmer seeking a brighter future in Manila who takes the most dangerous job in the city as an armored transport driver. Pic was filmed entirely in Tagalog despite Ellis not speaking the language. Ellis is repped by ICM, who negotiated the deal with FIP.
Cannes: Fox International Productions Takes ‘Metro Manila’ Remake Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’
- ‘The Originals’ Danielle Campbell Boards 'You Can Choose Your Family'
- Why ‘Alien: Covenant’ Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From ‘Prometheus’ — Box…
- ‘The Wizard Of Lies’ Production Designer Laurence Bennett On Crafting A Dickensian Nightmare
- ‘Resident Evil’ Franchise Reboot: James Wan On Board To Produce From Greg Russo Script
- Barry Jenkins On ‘The Underground Railroad’ And The Power Of “No” – Deadline Disruptors