European film group uMedia and veteran French sales company Celluloid Dreams partnered during the EFM in Berlin this year and are now embellishing that collaboration. The pair will join forces for the Cannes market on international acquisitions and sales on films that include Takashi Miike’s Competition title Shield Of Straw and Katrin Gebbe’s Tore’s Pogo which is screening in Un Certain Regard. Peter Rogers, who heads up uMedia’s sales division, uConnect, will share acquisitions and sales duties with Celluloid founder Hengameh Panahi. The partnership covers mainstream and specialized fare as well as the Celluloid Nightmares genre slate. UConnect launched just before Cannes last year with former Lakeshore International president Peter Rogers at the helm. Celluloid’s Panahi is a longtime sales agent who has been known for strong relationships with auteur directors. Also falling under the new partnership are Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha, Catriona McKenzie’s Satellite Boy, Takeshi Kitano’s Outrage Beyond, Daniel Algrant’s Greetings From Tim Buckley, S. Craig Zahler’s Bone Tomahawk, Heitor Dahlia’s Bald Mountain and Daniele Luchetti’s Those Happy Years.
Cannes: Celluloid Dreams And UConnect To Partner On Official & Market Titles
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest Film News
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster
- Oscars: Third Group Of Presenters Includes Cate Blanchett, Michael B. Jordan & Louis C.K.