European film group uMedia and veteran French sales company Celluloid Dreams partnered during the EFM in Berlin this year and are now embellishing that collaboration. The pair will join forces for the Cannes market on international acquisitions and sales on films that include Takashi Miike’s Competition title Shield Of Straw and Katrin Gebbe’s Tore’s Pogo which is screening in Un Certain Regard. Peter Rogers, who heads up uMedia’s sales division, uConnect, will share acquisitions and sales duties with Celluloid founder Hengameh Panahi. The partnership covers mainstream and specialized fare as well as the Celluloid Nightmares genre slate. UConnect launched just before Cannes last year with former Lakeshore International president Peter Rogers at the helm. Celluloid’s Panahi is a longtime sales agent who has been known for strong relationships with auteur directors. Also falling under the new partnership are Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha, Catriona McKenzie’s Satellite Boy, Takeshi Kitano’s Outrage Beyond, Daniel Algrant’s Greetings From Tim Buckley, S. Craig Zahler’s Bone Tomahawk, Heitor Dahlia’s Bald Mountain and Daniele Luchetti’s Those Happy Years.
Cannes: Celluloid Dreams And UConnect To Partner On Official & Market Titles
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'