Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse Productions is launching Blumhouse International to handle foreign sales on the company’s films. The new division has a worldwide distribution and servicing deal with IM Global and the two will introduce the new venture to foreign distributors in Cannes. Kicking off the slate are Sinister 2, the sequel to last year’s hit horror pic, and Stretch, a comedy thriller to be directed by Joe Carnahan who also produces with Blum. Tracy Falco is exec producer on the latter project and Leon Corcos is co-producer. Both films start production later this year. The new division will handle sales of films outside Blumhouse’s first-look deal with Universal.
Cannes: Blumhouse To Launch International Sales Arm With ‘Sinister 2′ & ‘Stretch’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest International News
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment
- Discovery Chief Says U.S. TV Market Is Weakening While Overseas Grows
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?