Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse Productions is launching Blumhouse International to handle foreign sales on the company’s films. The new division has a worldwide distribution and servicing deal with IM Global and the two will introduce the new venture to foreign distributors in Cannes. Kicking off the slate are Sinister 2, the sequel to last year’s hit horror pic, and Stretch, a comedy thriller to be directed by Joe Carnahan who also produces with Blum. Tracy Falco is exec producer on the latter project and Leon Corcos is co-producer. Both films start production later this year. The new division will handle sales of films outside Blumhouse’s first-look deal with Universal.
Cannes: Blumhouse To Launch International Sales Arm With ‘Sinister 2′ & ‘Stretch’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Tartaglione
- Mr Grey Dominates, Mr Smith’s ‘Focus’ Pulls & Ms Smith’s ‘Exotic Marigold Hotel’ Upgrades: More International…
- ’50 Shades’ Now Uni’s Biggest R-Rated Film Overseas; Nears $500M Global B.O.
- Darrin Prescott & Wade Allen ‘Live!’ In Feature Helming Debut For The Solution
- ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes On Why He Came Back To Bond After ‘Skyfall’
- BAFTA Los Angeles Names Chantal Rickards To New CEO Post
- ‘A Little Chaos': Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet Stroll Versailles Gardens – Trailer