U.S. director Jeremy Saulnier used Kickstarter to help fund thriller Blue Ruin which has its world premiere in Directors’ Fortnight in Cannes on Saturday. The story follows a peaceful vagrant whose life is upended by dreadful news which sets him off to his childhood home to carry out an act of revenge. Macon Blair and Homeland’s Amy Hargreaves star. Saulnier directed 2007’s Murder Party and was the DP on this year’s Sundance title I Used To Be Darker. Here’s a clip:
Hot Cannes Clip: ‘Blue Ruin’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out