U.S. director Jeremy Saulnier used Kickstarter to help fund thriller Blue Ruin which has its world premiere in Directors’ Fortnight in Cannes on Saturday. The story follows a peaceful vagrant whose life is upended by dreadful news which sets him off to his childhood home to carry out an act of revenge. Macon Blair and Homeland’s Amy Hargreaves star. Saulnier directed 2007’s Murder Party and was the DP on this year’s Sundance title I Used To Be Darker. Here’s a clip:
Hot Cannes Clip: ‘Blue Ruin’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short’
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- CBS Q4 Revenues Beat Expectations With 8% Growth In Network Ad Sales
- Douglas Smith Joins Jessica Chastain’s Team In ‘Miss Sloane’