Glacier Films partners Hayden Christensen, Tove Cristensen, Sarik Andreasyan, Gevond Andreasyan and Georgy Malkov announced the company’s launch today with an 11 picture film slate scheduled to shoot over the next three years. Russian concern Renovatio is financing. Six of the films will be produced in the $10 million range, with the remaining five targeting the micro budget genre, with budgets of approximately $1.5 million each. The first to go into production is American Heist, a remake of the 1959 Steven McQueen-starrer St. Louis Bank Robbery. American Heist stars Hayden Christensen and will be directed by Sarik Andreasyan. Logline: Two brothers with checkered pasts, one struggling on the road to normalcy, the other just released from prison intertwine when one drags the other into an ill-fated bank robbery spearheaded by a gang of dangerous criminals, testing the loyalty of their sibling bond and how far they will go for greed and family. Tove Christensen, Gevond Andreasyan, Georgy Malkov and Vladimir Poliakov are producing. Other casting offers are out with announcements anticipated shortly. Paradigm represents the project. American Heist begins production June 18th. On the micro budget side, the first film to be produced will be Lady Of Csejte, a historical horror fantasy based on the story of Countess Bathory, considered to be the most prolific serial killer in history, reported to have killed over 500 children in 16th century Transylvania.
Cannes: Glacier Films Launches With 11-Film Slate Starting With ‘American Heist’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- Michael Wright Exiting Amblin Partners; Steven Spielberg Assumes CEO Role
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Add Actor’s Friends & Family To Expenses Suit
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros
- Scott Rudin Productions Lands Alice McDermott Novel ‘The Ninth Hour’
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards