Univision jumped the gun on Friday when it announced during its upfront presentation that it has greenlighted a Spanish language adaptation of Breaking Bad — before there was a deal with series producer Sony Pictures Television. Now Sony TV is moving forward with the project, Metastasis, which the studio will co-produce with Teleset for Latin American audiences. The show has been cleared in most major Spanish speaking markets including Univision’s UniMas in the U.S.. Metástasis follows the story of an unassuming chemistry teacher who is given a fatal diagnosis and enters a world of drugs and crime, where he ascends to power. The cast includes Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco; Roberto Urbina as Walter’s accomplice, Jose Miguel Rosas; Sandra Reyes as Walter’s wife, Cielo; and Julián Arango as Walter’s brother-in-law and Colombian narcotics agent, Henry Navarro. Sony has launched local productions of Married…With Children in 12 territories including Colombia, Israel and Bulgaria; Everybody Loves Raymond in five territories including the Middle East and Russia; and I Dream Of Jeannie in India.
Sony TV Gives Univision Go-Ahead For ‘Breaking Bad’ Adaptation
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders