The channel’s called AwesomenessX and it will offer “original sports, gaming, comedy, pranks and lifestyle content” for males in their teens and 20s, says the company that’s owned by DreamWorks Animation. As the Web destination grows it can “segment our audience so we can better target the programming and build communities around specific interest areas,” says its CEO Brian Robbins. The new channel will pick up some series from AwesomenessTV including The City – Basketball, Sk8 Spotterz, Blow Up Guys, That Was Awesome and How To Be Awesome. It will also launch new series including one that follows Winter X-Games gold medalist David Wise. Another will track “the first Chinese skaters and their friends as they begin to open the minds of the Chinese people to a sport that has always been looked down upon.” Other shows will offer videos of the best game moves and photo shoots of swimsuit models. There’s also The Frank Dog (a dog that “breaks down the latest viral video, with a special dark place just for those adorable cat clips”), Baby Gaga (a talking baby that “will break down his favorite baby videos from around the web and also give his hilarious opinion on what is really going on”) and Fingerlings (where finger puppets poke fun at “current pop culture moments”).
AwesomenessTV Introduces YouTube Channel Targeting Young Males
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- AMC Rips NATO In Org’s James Murdoch Spat: “Condescending And Gratuitous”
- ‘VAYA’ Director Akin Omotoso Inks With APA; Abrams Artists Agency Signs Grandex, Inc.
- NATO Chief To James Murdoch: “Get The Record Straight” On Theater Exclusivity; MPAA Weighs In – Update
- Rob Moore Exiting As Paramount Vice Chairman
- Disney Mum On New Director, Designer For Broadway ‘Frozen’