EXCLUSIVE: Looks like there’s going to be two Oscar winners in Song One. Mary Steenburgen has signed on to play Anne Hathaway’s mother in the pic, a drama written and directed by Kate Barker-Froyland about a young woman who develops a relationship with her comatose brother’s favorite indie rock star. Steenburgen won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for 1980’s Melvin And Howard. Hathaway won the same Oscar this year for Les Miserables. Hathaway plays the lead and Johnny Flynn plays musician James Forrester in the film, Barker-Froyland’s directorial debut. The movie starts shooting later this summer in NYC. Before Song One hits the big screen, Steenburgen will be seen in Last Vegas along with Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Kline. She plays lounge singer Diana, the object of both the about-to-be-married Douglas’ character and De Niro’s character. Last Vegas comes out November 1 from CBS Films. Steenburgen is repped by Gersh and Management 360.
Mary Steenburgen Joins Anne Hathaway In ‘Song One’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure