As ABC’s Castle gears up for its fifth season finale, there is no doubt that the series will be renewed for next season. But I hear ABC is considering giving the quirky procedural starring Nathan Fillion a two-year pickup, which will bring it to seven seasons. That must be gratifying for Caste and its producers as the show spent the first couple of seasons on the bubble until establishing itself as a solid ratings performer with strong fan following. In fact, with help from lead-in Dancing With The Stars, Castle currently ranks as ABC’s most watched drama series. Castle is among several ABC series whose renewal is guaranteed, including Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Modern Family, Once Upon A Time, Revenge and The Middle, along with unscripted Shark Tank, which is already casting for next season, Dancing With The Stars, which could potentially scale back on the number of cycles per season, and The Bachelor.
ABC’s ‘Castle’ Eyes Two-Season Pickup
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup