As ABC’s Castle gears up for its fifth season finale, there is no doubt that the series will be renewed for next season. But I hear ABC is considering giving the quirky procedural starring Nathan Fillion a two-year pickup, which will bring it to seven seasons. That must be gratifying for Caste and its producers as the show spent the first couple of seasons on the bubble until establishing itself as a solid ratings performer with strong fan following. In fact, with help from lead-in Dancing With The Stars, Castle currently ranks as ABC’s most watched drama series. Castle is among several ABC series whose renewal is guaranteed, including Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Modern Family, Once Upon A Time, Revenge and The Middle, along with unscripted Shark Tank, which is already casting for next season, Dancing With The Stars, which could potentially scale back on the number of cycles per season, and The Bachelor.
ABC’s ‘Castle’ Eyes Two-Season Pickup
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'