The network will launch its new “WATCH ABC” live-streaming service on Tuesday during upfronts, available first to users in NY via WABC-TV and in Philadelphia via WPVI. Owner Disney launched three successful branded services last summer — WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD, and WATCH Disney Junior — yielding nearly 15 million downloads. ABC‘s free preview hopes to follow suit, making available linear streaming of local ABC stations and on-demand full episodes of ABC programming to authenticated subscribers who can access the service online or via the WATCH app on iOS, Kindle Fire. Eventually the service will be available via Samsung Galaxy devices. The initial launch will expand to LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno later this summer, with 13 additional Hearst-owned ABC affiliates to follow including Boston, Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Milwaukee. The network promises full adoption across all ABC-owned station markets by the Fall broadcast season, with an ABC Family-centric version rolling out in 2014.
ABC To Launch First Live Broadcast Streaming App On Tuesday
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV