The network will launch its new “WATCH ABC” live-streaming service on Tuesday during upfronts, available first to users in NY via WABC-TV and in Philadelphia via WPVI. Owner Disney launched three successful branded services last summer — WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD, and WATCH Disney Junior — yielding nearly 15 million downloads. ABC‘s free preview hopes to follow suit, making available linear streaming of local ABC stations and on-demand full episodes of ABC programming to authenticated subscribers who can access the service online or via the WATCH app on iOS, Kindle Fire. Eventually the service will be available via Samsung Galaxy devices. The initial launch will expand to LA, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno later this summer, with 13 additional Hearst-owned ABC affiliates to follow including Boston, Pittsburgh, Kansas City and Milwaukee. The network promises full adoption across all ABC-owned station markets by the Fall broadcast season, with an ABC Family-centric version rolling out in 2014.
ABC To Launch First Live Broadcast Streaming App On Tuesday
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE