EXCLUSIVE: Former 24 executive producer David Fury has closed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television, the studio behind the Emmy-winning real-time Fox drama. Under the pact, Fury will become the first writer to join the upcoming Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, joining former 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, who is behind the new installment. Additionally, Fury is working on the high-profile FX drama project Tyrant, executive produced by Gordon and produced by 20th TV’s cable division Fox 21. “We are huge fans of David at this studio and are thrilled to welcome him back,” 20th TV chairman Dana Walden said. “Howard Gordon has a shortlist of writers whom he relies on enormously, and David is one of them. He was hugely important to 24 over the course of its run, and bringing him back for Live Another Day was quite frankly a no-brainer.” During his stint on 24, WME-repped Fury shared in the series’ best drama series Emmy, as he did for ABC’s Lost, where he served as co-executive producer and received a writing nomination for the episode “Walkabout.” He also served as co-executive producer on Fringe and executive producer on the 20th TV-produced Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
’24’ Alum David Fury Signs Overall Deal With 20th TV, Joins ’24: Live Another Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Canceled After 3 Seasons On Hulu
- Study Finds Diversity In Television On The Rise, But Not Representative Of American Population
- ‘Moonbase 8’ Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24
- Cory Hardrict & Katrina Law On Taking ‘The Oath’, The Value Of 50 Cent & More – Next Generation TV
- James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty’ Selling Three Times What ‘Fire And Fury’ Did In First Week
- Donald Trump Goes All ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ On Macron During White House Presser