XLrator Media acquired North American rights to the Southern Gothic thriller Holy Ghost People which premiered last month at SXSW. The film centers on 19-year-old Charlotte (Emma Greenwell), who enlists ex-Marine Wayne, (Brendan McCarthy) to infiltrate a snake-handling church deep in the Appalachian Mountains in search of her sister. What Wayne and Charlotte uncover during their time on the mountain – about themselves and the nature of faith – will shake them to their core. Holy Ghost People was directed by Mitchell Altieri and written by Kevin Artigue and Joe Egender, Altieri and Phil Flores. The pic was produced by Jeffrey Allard, Phil Flores, Mitchell Altieri, Joe Egender, and Kevin Artigue and executive produced by L.C. Nussbeck. The deal was negotiated by Gordon and the Paradigm Finance Group on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires SXSW Pic ‘Holy Ghost People’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films