Like many of its predecessors, including Pinkberry: The Movie, Yom Kippur At WME and Staff Meeting: The Movie and The Transfer, another department video from the latest WME quarterly meeting is making the rounds online. It is pilot season-themed and features the head of the agency’s TV department, Rick Rosen, as a boss from hell commandeering his put-upon second assistant (played by WME client Nelson Franklin) to deliver gifts to all of the agency’s clients with pilot orders to congratulate them on the start of production of their pilots. The gifts’ recipients include Howard Gordon, executive producer of CBS drama pilot Anatomy Of Violence, along with FX’s Tyrant and TNT’s Legends; Shawn Ryan, writer-exec producer of CBS’ Beverly Hills Cop; and Larry Charles, director of ABC’s Mixology. The short film, written by Tony Dodds and directed by Todd Biermann, also features a jab at Jeff Berg and his startup agency Resolution, which is yet to hire TV lit agents and get in the TV packaging business, and a middle-finger salute at the building of rival CAA. It also has Deadline on the WME assistants’ computers, so thanks for the plug!
WME TV Department Touts Pilot Haul In Quarterly Meeting Video
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson
- DirecTV Picks Up 'Downton Abbey' Parody Series 'The Britishes' From Electus Digital
- 'Phantom Of The Opera' Drama Set At ABC With Marc Cherry Producing
- Archie Comics Drama Series 'Riverdale' Set At Fox With Greg Berlanti Producing
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?