EXCLUSIVE: Onion, Inc. has signed with WME. The agency will represent The Onion brand in areas including scripted and non-scripted television, digital media, and public appearances. The Onion satire news organization reaches over 10 million fans per month via a family of digital properties including TheOnion.com and AVClub.com. The Onion recently produced the Amazon Originals pilot, Onion News Empire, a behind-the-scenes look at a cable news network starring Jeffrey Tambor, Chris Masterson, William Sadler and Cheyenne Jackson. The pilot is in consideration for a series pickup and currently available for viewing on Amazonoriginals.com. The company’s previous TV efforts include the 2011 series Onion SportsDome on Comedy Central and Onion News Network on IFC. The Onion also has a popular channel on YouTube and has spawned several bestselling books, an original movie and a wide variety of advertising content via their Onion Labs production house. The Onion began as a small satirical newspaper in 1988 and has been the launching pad for several high-profile writers and comedians, including Ben Karlin (Modern Family), Chris Kelly (Saturday Night Live), Ellie Kemper (The Office), David Javerbaum (The Daily Show) and Rob Siegel (The Wrestler).
WME Signs The Onion News Satire Brand
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM
- 'Big' Series In Works At Fox With 'Enlisted's Kevin Biegel & Mike Royce