EXCLUSIVE: WME just signed Jim Sheridan, the Irish filmmaker who has been in play since his CAA agent Bob Bookman left to join Paradigm. Sheridan also signed with Manage-Ment’s Dan Halsted to be his manager. I kind of figured Sheridan would follow Bookie. But WME pulled off a coup, just as the agency did when it shook loose Paranormal Activity helmer Oren Peli after his agent Martin Spencer left CAA to join Resolution. In the case of Sheridan, WME gets a director responsible for what in my book are three bonafide classic films–My Left Foot, In The Name Of The Father, and The Boxer. He also helmed the autobiographical In America, Get Rich Or Die Tryin’ and Brothers. His last film, Dream House, was a misfire, and he had long fought to bring I, Claudius to the screen to no avail, but a good filmmaker is a good filmmaker. I’d love to see him focus again on those Irish-centric tales, but whatever he does, his deals will be made by WME. He continues to be repped by longtime lawyers Ira Schreck and Joe Dapello.
WME Signs ‘My Left Foot’ Helmer Jim Sheridan
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview