EXCLUSIVE: The client-signing game has been voracious lately, but sometimes it’s not about poaching the big names but betting on the ones that might be big down the line. WME feels that way about Sam Riley, whom the agency just signed. Riley plays one of the leads opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. He initially garnered attention for his portrayal of Ian Curtis in Control, which got him named Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards. He earned a BAFTA nom for Rising Star and most recently was seen in the ensemble of the Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
WME Signs ‘Maleficent’s Sam Riley
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?