EXCLUSIVE: The client-signing game has been voracious lately, but sometimes it’s not about poaching the big names but betting on the ones that might be big down the line. WME feels that way about Sam Riley, whom the agency just signed. Riley plays one of the leads opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. He initially garnered attention for his portrayal of Ian Curtis in Control, which got him named Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards. He earned a BAFTA nom for Rising Star and most recently was seen in the ensemble of the Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
WME Signs ‘Maleficent’s Sam Riley
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release
- Morris Chestnut Boards 'Bus 657′
- Rosie Day Joins 'All Roads Lead To Rome'
- Relativity Buys Kevin Costner-Starrer 'Black Or White'
- Darren Aronofsky Added To PGA's Gotham Produced By Confab