EXCLUSIVE: The client-signing game has been voracious lately, but sometimes it’s not about poaching the big names but betting on the ones that might be big down the line. WME feels that way about Sam Riley, whom the agency just signed. Riley plays one of the leads opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent and in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. He initially garnered attention for his portrayal of Ian Curtis in Control, which got him named Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards. He earned a BAFTA nom for Rising Star and most recently was seen in the ensemble of the Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
WME Signs ‘Maleficent’s Sam Riley
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount