The Agatha Christie estate has signed with WME for representation. WME will work closely with Acorn Productions Ltd, which acquired a 64% stake in Agatha Christie Ltd in February 2012, and with the Agatha Christie family, who hold the balance of 36%, to mine the British author’s properties for television, film and digital media. Christie is one of the most popular and prolific mystery writers, writing more than 80 novels and short story collections and 19 plays — many of which have had film and TV adaptations. Her estate holds ownership of iconic characters Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, both of whom have spawned successful television franchises, and also includes an expansive media library. Christie has sold more than 2 billion books and continues to sell over 3 million books worldwide every year. She authored the most popular mystery novel of all time, And Then There Were None. Trivia question for Christie buffs: What was And Then There Were None‘s original title, under which it was published in 1939? (Hint: It would be considered highly offensive today as it contains the N-word.)
WME Signs Agatha Christie Estate
What's Hot on Deadline
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ Producer Zig Zag Productions Signs With ICM
- ‘The Good Place’s Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- ‘Girlfriends’ Phyllis Logan, Miranda Richardson Discuss Industry Ageism – Or Not – TCA
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- How To Reach Young Millennials? The Studios & TV Networks Can Find 47M Of Them On Snapchat – TCA