Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz‘s Push It Prods. has signed a first-look deal with Universal TV’s Alternative Studio to develop and produce non-scripted projects. “We are very excited to be working with NBCUniversal,” said Hurwitz. Added Sykes, “Wait, I thought we were getting The Tonight Show.” Joking aside, Sykes would actually be qualified for that — she hosted and executive produced her own late-night talk show on Fox. She also co-created/executive produced and toplined the Fox comedy series Wanda At Large. Sykes, repped by WME and attorney Roger Pliakas, is among the top stand-up comedians, with her HBO specials earning multiple Emmy nominations. (She has won three sports Emmys for her work on Inside The NFL.) Hurwitz, repped by WME and attorney Marc Golden, has a history with NBC — she served as an executive producer on two NBC reality series featuring stand-up comedians, Last Comic Standing and Jerry Seinfeld’s The Marriage Ref. She also executive produced Rosie O’Donnell’s OWN daily talk show.
Wanda Sykes Signs First-Look Deal With NBC For Unscripted Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month