Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz‘s Push It Prods. has signed a first-look deal with Universal TV’s Alternative Studio to develop and produce non-scripted projects. “We are very excited to be working with NBCUniversal,” said Hurwitz. Added Sykes, “Wait, I thought we were getting The Tonight Show.” Joking aside, Sykes would actually be qualified for that — she hosted and executive produced her own late-night talk show on Fox. She also co-created/executive produced and toplined the Fox comedy series Wanda At Large. Sykes, repped by WME and attorney Roger Pliakas, is among the top stand-up comedians, with her HBO specials earning multiple Emmy nominations. (She has won three sports Emmys for her work on Inside The NFL.) Hurwitz, repped by WME and attorney Marc Golden, has a history with NBC — she served as an executive producer on two NBC reality series featuring stand-up comedians, Last Comic Standing and Jerry Seinfeld’s The Marriage Ref. She also executive produced Rosie O’Donnell’s OWN daily talk show.
Wanda Sykes Signs First-Look Deal With NBC For Unscripted Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?