Wanda Sykes and Page Hurwitz‘s Push It Prods. has signed a first-look deal with Universal TV’s Alternative Studio to develop and produce non-scripted projects. “We are very excited to be working with NBCUniversal,” said Hurwitz. Added Sykes, “Wait, I thought we were getting The Tonight Show.” Joking aside, Sykes would actually be qualified for that — she hosted and executive produced her own late-night talk show on Fox. She also co-created/executive produced and toplined the Fox comedy series Wanda At Large. Sykes, repped by WME and attorney Roger Pliakas, is among the top stand-up comedians, with her HBO specials earning multiple Emmy nominations. (She has won three sports Emmys for her work on Inside The NFL.) Hurwitz, repped by WME and attorney Marc Golden, has a history with NBC — she served as an executive producer on two NBC reality series featuring stand-up comedians, Last Comic Standing and Jerry Seinfeld’s The Marriage Ref. She also executive produced Rosie O’Donnell’s OWN daily talk show.
Wanda Sykes Signs First-Look Deal With NBC For Unscripted Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'