EXCLUSIVE: Viola Davis is in talks to play a starring role in the untitled Michael Mann-directed pic that will star Chris Hemsworth. Legendary Pictures is producing the pic, a thriller about cyber crime, which is set to begin shooting in China next month. Davis, repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment, just wrapped production on Prisoners and Ender’s Game, both set for fall releases. She is in talks to play an FBI agent in Mann’s film.
Viola Davis In Talks To Star In Michael Mann’s Cyber Crime Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Animation Vets Launch Astro-Nomical Entertainment To Make Indie Toons
- Geoff Stults Jumps Into ‘Granite Mountain’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Luc Besson Must Pay More For Copying John Carpenter’s ‘Escape From New York’
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview