Village Roadshow Pictures Entertainment today promoted CFO Matthew Velkes to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer, the company announced. Velkes will report to Bruce Berman, Chairman and CEO of VRPE and Greg Basser, CEO of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group. “We are pleased to recognize Matthew’s enormous contributions to Village Roadshow Pictures by naming him COO. During his six years at the company, Matthew’s work has expanded beyond the financial realm to that of a full-fledged motion picture executive. His extensive relationships in the community will serve the company well as we move forward to develop our next projects,” said the duo in a statement on Thursday. Velkes joined Village Roadshow back in 2006 as CFO. Those came after stints as Senior Vice President, Motion Pictures Finance and Business Development for Twentieth Century Fox and as CFO and later COO of startup independent film company Pandemonium. Before that Velkes had a career in investment banking.
Village Roadshow Ups Matthew Velkes To COO
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters ‘Zombies’, ‘Choice’…
- Cannes Film Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux Quells Exit Chatter, But Confirms Offer
- DGA Awards: Inarritu’s Big Win Gives Momentum To ‘Revenant’ But Keeps Best Picture Race In The…
- Annie Awards: ‘Inside Out’ Takes Best Animated Feature – Complete Winners List
- Annie Awards Livestream & Winners List
- DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For ‘The Revenant’; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For ‘Game Of Thrones’…