Village Roadshow Pictures Entertainment today promoted CFO Matthew Velkes to the newly created position of Chief Operating Officer, the company announced. Velkes will report to Bruce Berman, Chairman and CEO of VRPE and Greg Basser, CEO of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group. “We are pleased to recognize Matthew’s enormous contributions to Village Roadshow Pictures by naming him COO. During his six years at the company, Matthew’s work has expanded beyond the financial realm to that of a full-fledged motion picture executive. His extensive relationships in the community will serve the company well as we move forward to develop our next projects,” said the duo in a statement on Thursday. Velkes joined Village Roadshow back in 2006 as CFO. Those came after stints as Senior Vice President, Motion Pictures Finance and Business Development for Twentieth Century Fox and as CFO and later COO of startup independent film company Pandemonium. Before that Velkes had a career in investment banking.
Village Roadshow Ups Matthew Velkes To COO
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Los Angeles On-Location Filming Falls For Third Quarter In A Row
- Kevin Smith To Donate Dividends From Weinstein-Made Movies To Women In Film
- Los Angeles Film Festival Moving To Fall Starting In 2018