Gamers are going nuts over Rockstar‘s new video game sequel promo. It teases Grand Theft Auto V‘s three uberviolent protagonists — a Tony Soprano-esque ex-con, a Wire-style gangbanger, and a drug-addled hillbilly psychotic. (Hollywood never makes trailers this ballsy.) 2008’s GTA IV broke records moving 3.6 million units in its first day and has sold over 25 million copies to date. The studios have even cleared out of GTA V‘s way – they’ve set zero pics aimed at young males for two weeks after its September 17 release, when that demo will be at home glued to their consoles. Check out the trailer:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'
- Hot Trailer: 'Open Windows'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy's Michael Rooker Rejoins Jazz Biopic 'Bolden'
- Giovanni Ribisi, Juno Temple & More Join 'Meadowland'