Gamers are going nuts over Rockstar‘s new video game sequel promo. It teases Grand Theft Auto V‘s three uberviolent protagonists — a Tony Soprano-esque ex-con, a Wire-style gangbanger, and a drug-addled hillbilly psychotic. (Hollywood never makes trailers this ballsy.) 2008’s GTA IV broke records moving 3.6 million units in its first day and has sold over 25 million copies to date. The studios have even cleared out of GTA V‘s way – they’ve set zero pics aimed at young males for two weeks after its September 17 release, when that demo will be at home glued to their consoles. Check out the trailer:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Yamato
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.
- Paul Schrader Wages Silent Protest Over Re-Edited 'Dying Of The Light'
- Warwick Davis Back For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' – Video