Gamers are going nuts over Rockstar‘s new video game sequel promo. It teases Grand Theft Auto V‘s three uberviolent protagonists — a Tony Soprano-esque ex-con, a Wire-style gangbanger, and a drug-addled hillbilly psychotic. (Hollywood never makes trailers this ballsy.) 2008’s GTA IV broke records moving 3.6 million units in its first day and has sold over 25 million copies to date. The studios have even cleared out of GTA V‘s way – they’ve set zero pics aimed at young males for two weeks after its September 17 release, when that demo will be at home glued to their consoles. Check out the trailer:
Hot Vidgame Trailer: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Banshee Chapter' First Virtual Reality Film To Hit Oculus Rift
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'