Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell’s history-making Kickstarter campaign notched its $2M initial goal within 10 hours of launching last month. While that meteoric rate didn’t hold up, the Kickstarter did top out at a payday nearly three times its initial goal. A record 91,585 backers contributed $5,702,153 to the feature film project, which shoots in the summer and will see distribution aided by Warner Bros. Digital. Joining Bell in the cult series’ big screen return will be Jason Dohring. The Veronica Mars movie will also have a presence at Comic-Con in July, Thomas also announced, although an official con panel is TBD.
‘Veronica Mars’ Movie Kickstarter Closes Out At $5.7M
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video