EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction