EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award