EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?