EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start