EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins
- Oscar Winners: Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali & More Take Home The Golden Statue – Photo Gallery