EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…