EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures today closed a mid-to-high six-figure deal for an untitled pitch that State Street will produce. It will be written by Duane Adler, who hatched the Step Up franchise and Save The Last Dance, with George Tillman Jr. attached to direct and his partner Bob Teitel to produce. The pitch is the story of a failed song writer who returns home to Chicago to lead a group of at risk youth in their annual talent show. The tone is Pitch Perfect meets 8 Mile. Adler is repped by Paradigm and Blaine & Assocates, and Tillman and State Street are repped by CAA.
Universal Acquires Duane Adler Talent Show Pitch; George Tillman Jr To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster