Maybe it’s appropriate that director Wes Ball just tweeted that Blake Cooper got the pivotal role of Chuck in The Maze Runner. Cooper got Ball’s attention with a flurry of tweets to the director, basically saying “I’m your Chuck!” Ball finally connected the young actor with Fox’s casting director Denise Chamian, who allowed Cooper to send in a self-taped audition for the role. It got him the job. 20th Century Fox‘s Hunger Games-esque Maze Runner will star Cooper, Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster, with filming to begin in May in Baton Rouge for a February 14, 2014 release. Pic is based on James Dashner’s novel trilogy about a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. Script is by Noah Oppenheim, rewritten by Grant Myers and T.S. Nowlin.
Tweets Lead Blake Cooper To ‘Maze Runner’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgment’ Unexpectedly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk