Maybe it’s appropriate that director Wes Ball just tweeted that Blake Cooper got the pivotal role of Chuck in The Maze Runner. Cooper got Ball’s attention with a flurry of tweets to the director, basically saying “I’m your Chuck!” Ball finally connected the young actor with Fox’s casting director Denise Chamian, who allowed Cooper to send in a self-taped audition for the role. It got him the job. 20th Century Fox‘s Hunger Games-esque Maze Runner will star Cooper, Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster, with filming to begin in May in Baton Rouge for a February 14, 2014 release. Pic is based on James Dashner’s novel trilogy about a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. Script is by Noah Oppenheim, rewritten by Grant Myers and T.S. Nowlin.
Tweets Lead Blake Cooper To ‘Maze Runner’ Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Patrick Carman Kids Book 'Floors' To Disney With Jason Filardi Writing
- Screen Gems Buys 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies,' Pic Adds 'Game Of Thrones' Stars
- 'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script
- 'Divergent's Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller 'All The Old Knives'
- Don't We Want '70s-Style Adult Thrillers Like 'A Walk Among The Tombstones'? A Chat With Scott Frank
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'