Maybe it’s appropriate that director Wes Ball just tweeted that Blake Cooper got the pivotal role of Chuck in The Maze Runner. Cooper got Ball’s attention with a flurry of tweets to the director, basically saying “I’m your Chuck!” Ball finally connected the young actor with Fox’s casting director Denise Chamian, who allowed Cooper to send in a self-taped audition for the role. It got him the job. 20th Century Fox‘s Hunger Games-esque Maze Runner will star Cooper, Dylan O’Brien (Teen Wolf), Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster, with filming to begin in May in Baton Rouge for a February 14, 2014 release. Pic is based on James Dashner’s novel trilogy about a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. Script is by Noah Oppenheim, rewritten by Grant Myers and T.S. Nowlin.
Tweets Lead Blake Cooper To ‘Maze Runner’ Role
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board