A documentary about skateboarding’s best has a new home online and on video on demand before its Tribeca Fim Festival debut later this week. GoDigital announced today that they have picked up the North American digital and VOD rights to The Motivation. The Adam Bhala Lough-directed film will have its world premiere on April 26 at Tribeca. GoDigital will make the documentary about eight of the world’s top pro skateboarders as they prepare for the prestigious Street League Championship available on digital and cable VOD in August. “I’ve been following Adam’s work since his first feature, Bomb the System. He’s a visionary filmmaker and we are thrilled to be working with him to bring The Motivation to action sports fans, and ultimately, audiences everywhere,” said GoDigital CEO Logan Mulvey today in a statement. Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films and GoDigital’s Chief Content Officer Jason Beck negotiated the sale. The Motivation will have a limited theatrical release and play other festivals after its Tribeca debut.
Tribeca: GoDigital Picks Up ‘The Motivation’ Doc VOD Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films