EXCLUSIVE: The Californication and Zero Hour actress is set to star in MGM‘s horror remake, which puts a modern meta twist on the original. Pic takes place in Texarkana, site of the 1946 “Moonlight Murders” that inspired the 1976 cult pic The Town That Dreaded Sundown. Addison Timlin plays Jami, a girl who survives a copycat massacre at the film’s annual tribute screening and sets out to solve the mystery of who’s recreating the unsolved Sackhead murders, using clues from her own past. Ryan Murphy is producing with Jason Blum. Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, who directed episodes of American Horror Story for Murphy, is helming. Timlin recently appeared opposite Al Pacino and Christopher Walken in Lionsgate’s Stand Up Guys and in the SXSW comedy The Bounceback. She stars as Stormy Llewellyn in the Dean Koontz adaptation Odd Thomas, out later this year. Timlin is repped by Gersh, Management 360, and Schreck Rose Dapello & Adams.
Addison Timlin Lands Lead In ‘The Town That Dreaded Sundown’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short’
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- CBS Q4 Revenues Beat Expectations With 8% Growth In Network Ad Sales