EXCLUSIVE: The Californication and Zero Hour actress is set to star in MGM‘s horror remake, which puts a modern meta twist on the original. Pic takes place in Texarkana, site of the 1946 “Moonlight Murders” that inspired the 1976 cult pic The Town That Dreaded Sundown. Addison Timlin plays Jami, a girl who survives a copycat massacre at the film’s annual tribute screening and sets out to solve the mystery of who’s recreating the unsolved Sackhead murders, using clues from her own past. Ryan Murphy is producing with Jason Blum. Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, who directed episodes of American Horror Story for Murphy, is helming. Timlin recently appeared opposite Al Pacino and Christopher Walken in Lionsgate’s Stand Up Guys and in the SXSW comedy The Bounceback. She stars as Stormy Llewellyn in the Dean Koontz adaptation Odd Thomas, out later this year. Timlin is repped by Gersh, Management 360, and Schreck Rose Dapello & Adams.
Addison Timlin Lands Lead In ‘The Town That Dreaded Sundown’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest