EXCLUSIVE: This is some serious star power. I’ve learned that Tobey Maguire and Kristen Wiig are set to star opposite Will Ferrell in The Spoils Of Babylon, IFC’s six-episode miniseries produced by Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Funny Or Die. In the vein of The Thorn Birds and Winds Of War, the epic story of The Spoils Of Babylon chronicles the sexy and dramatic lives of the Morehouse family who made their fortune in the oil business. As the story unfolds, the booze, the passion and the heartache lead to illegal arms deals and international espionage with the Shah of Iran (also played by Ferrell) not to mention the creation of the doomed sub-prime market. Maguire will play Devon Morehouse, who as an orphaned child was taken in by future oil magnate Jonas Morehouse, and his daughter, Cynthia (Wiig). Devon and Cynthia will go on to run Morehouse Enterprises, the seventh largest company in the world, together while fighting their feelings for each other. Andrew Steele (Saturday Night Live) co-wrote the script with Matt Piedmont (Casa de mi Padre) who is directing. The two executive produce with Ferrell and McKay. Maguire next stars as Nick Carraway in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby, which opens the Cannes Film Festival. SNL alumna Wiig is filming Ferrell and McKay’s Anchorman sequel.
Tobey Maguire And Kristen Wiig To Star In IFC’s Will Ferrell Mini ‘Spoils Of Babylon’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Nigel Lythgoe To Return For ‘American Idol’ Finale As ‘SYTYCD’ Fate In Limbo
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down
- Fullscreen Taps Ex-Hulu Boss Andy Forssell As COO