EXCLUSIVE: TNT drama Major Crimes is getting its upcoming second season supersized. The network has ordered four additional episodes from The Closer spinoff, bringing its second season order to 19 episodes. That is almost twice the size of Major Crimes‘ first season, which consisted of 10 episodes. Additionally, another TNT drama going into its second season, the Eric McCormack starrer Perception, has received a pickup for one additional episode, bringing its Season 2 order to 14 episodes. Major Crimes’ second season debuts on June 10, Perception‘s on June 25. Major Crimes‘ debut, which aired immediately after the blockbuster series finale of The Closer last August, drew 9.5 million viewers, a new record as basic cable’s most-watched series launch ever. With an average audience of nearly 7 million, Major Crimes’ first season ranked as cable’s No. 1 new series for last year.
TNT’s ‘Major Crimes’ Gets Order For Four Additional Episodes, ‘Perception’ For One
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Dore Cast As The Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury
- Pop Picks Up Rainn Wilson-Produced Online Series ‘Impress Me’