EXCLUSIVE: TNT drama Major Crimes is getting its upcoming second season supersized. The network has ordered four additional episodes from The Closer spinoff, bringing its second season order to 19 episodes. That is almost twice the size of Major Crimes‘ first season, which consisted of 10 episodes. Additionally, another TNT drama going into its second season, the Eric McCormack starrer Perception, has received a pickup for one additional episode, bringing its Season 2 order to 14 episodes. Major Crimes’ second season debuts on June 10, Perception‘s on June 25. Major Crimes‘ debut, which aired immediately after the blockbuster series finale of The Closer last August, drew 9.5 million viewers, a new record as basic cable’s most-watched series launch ever. With an average audience of nearly 7 million, Major Crimes’ first season ranked as cable’s No. 1 new series for last year.
TNT’s ‘Major Crimes’ Gets Order For Four Additional Episodes, ‘Perception’ For One
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over