Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket added the Heineken Audience Award for best narrative to its previously-won jury awards Saturday at the Tribeca Film Fest. At Thursday’s awards the Laos-set pic nabbed Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor honors for young star Sitthiphon Disamoe. Meanwhile, Linda Bloodworth Thomason’s marriage inequality docu Bridegroom won the nonfiction Audience Award as the 12th annual Tribeca Film Fest founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff came to a close. Both Audience Awards come with a $25,000 cash prize and screen again on Sunday.
‘The Rocket’, ‘Bridegroom’ Nab 2013 Tribeca Audience Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame