Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket added the Heineken Audience Award for best narrative to its previously-won jury awards Saturday at the Tribeca Film Fest. At Thursday’s awards the Laos-set pic nabbed Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor honors for young star Sitthiphon Disamoe. Meanwhile, Linda Bloodworth Thomason’s marriage inequality docu Bridegroom won the nonfiction Audience Award as the 12th annual Tribeca Film Fest founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff came to a close. Both Audience Awards come with a $25,000 cash prize and screen again on Sunday.
‘The Rocket’, ‘Bridegroom’ Nab 2013 Tribeca Audience Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE