Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket added the Heineken Audience Award for best narrative to its previously-won jury awards Saturday at the Tribeca Film Fest. At Thursday’s awards the Laos-set pic nabbed Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor honors for young star Sitthiphon Disamoe. Meanwhile, Linda Bloodworth Thomason’s marriage inequality docu Bridegroom won the nonfiction Audience Award as the 12th annual Tribeca Film Fest founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff came to a close. Both Audience Awards come with a $25,000 cash prize and screen again on Sunday.
‘The Rocket’, ‘Bridegroom’ Nab 2013 Tribeca Audience Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories