Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket added the Heineken Audience Award for best narrative to its previously-won jury awards Saturday at the Tribeca Film Fest. At Thursday’s awards the Laos-set pic nabbed Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor honors for young star Sitthiphon Disamoe. Meanwhile, Linda Bloodworth Thomason’s marriage inequality docu Bridegroom won the nonfiction Audience Award as the 12th annual Tribeca Film Fest founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff came to a close. Both Audience Awards come with a $25,000 cash prize and screen again on Sunday.
‘The Rocket’, ‘Bridegroom’ Nab 2013 Tribeca Audience Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros’ ‘Batgirl’ Movie
- Rob Reiner’s ‘Shock And Awe’ To Hit Theaters This Summer With Vertical & DirecTV Deal
- Harvey Weinstein Says Sorry For “Improperly” Using Meryl Streep & Jennifer Lawrence In Lawsuit
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’ Registers Global Social & Box Office Impact, Even Setting Records On Turbulent…
- Oscars: History Is Made Several Times Over In The Best Documentary Feature Race
- George Kaufman Dies: Chairman Of NYC’s Kaufman Astoria Studios Was 89