The History 10-part miniseries The Bible sold more than 525,000 units in its first week on shelves, already establishing itself as the best-selling mini of all time on Blu-ray and DVD and the best-selling TV on DVD offering in five years. The sales strength extended to digital, with the 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment title ranking No. 1 on iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, Xbox, PlayStation, CinemaNow, and GooglePlay. The multimedia push already includes a companion book from producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. The Bible series is produced for History by Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication and distributed by One Three Media.
‘The Bible’ Opens Big On Home Vid
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company