The History 10-part miniseries The Bible sold more than 525,000 units in its first week on shelves, already establishing itself as the best-selling mini of all time on Blu-ray and DVD and the best-selling TV on DVD offering in five years. The sales strength extended to digital, with the 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment title ranking No. 1 on iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, Xbox, PlayStation, CinemaNow, and GooglePlay. The multimedia push already includes a companion book from producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. The Bible series is produced for History by Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication and distributed by One Three Media.
‘The Bible’ Opens Big On Home Vid
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'