The History 10-part miniseries The Bible sold more than 525,000 units in its first week on shelves, already establishing itself as the best-selling mini of all time on Blu-ray and DVD and the best-selling TV on DVD offering in five years. The sales strength extended to digital, with the 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment title ranking No. 1 on iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, Xbox, PlayStation, CinemaNow, and GooglePlay. The multimedia push already includes a companion book from producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey. The Bible series is produced for History by Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication and distributed by One Three Media.
‘The Bible’ Opens Big On Home Vid
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expand - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC