EXCLUSIVE: Dylan O’Brien (MTV‘s Teen Wolf) has landed the role of Thomas in 20th Century Fox‘s Hunger Games-esque The Maze Runner. Character is one of a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. He then searches for answers and a way out. Wes Ball is directing the sci-fi pic adapted from James Dashner’s novel trilogy, with a script by Noah Oppenheim, redrafted by Grant Myers and then T.S. Nowlin. Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster are also set for the pic which films in May in Baton Rouge ahead of a February 14, 2014 release date. O’Brien starred in last year’s Sundance pic The First Time and will next be seen in Fox’s June 7 comedy The Internship opposite Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. He is repped by WME Entertainment, Principal LA and Attorney Jamie Feldman.
‘Teen Wolf’ Actor Nabs ‘Maze Runner’ Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- ‘Ordinary World’ Gets Fall Release Date; ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J. Miller
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’