EXCLUSIVE: Dylan O’Brien (MTV‘s Teen Wolf) has landed the role of Thomas in 20th Century Fox‘s Hunger Games-esque The Maze Runner. Character is one of a group of teens who wake up in a maze with no memory of how they got there. He then searches for answers and a way out. Wes Ball is directing the sci-fi pic adapted from James Dashner’s novel trilogy, with a script by Noah Oppenheim, redrafted by Grant Myers and then T.S. Nowlin. Will Poulter, Kaya Scodelario, Aml Ameen, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster are also set for the pic which films in May in Baton Rouge ahead of a February 14, 2014 release date. O’Brien starred in last year’s Sundance pic The First Time and will next be seen in Fox’s June 7 comedy The Internship opposite Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. He is repped by WME Entertainment, Principal LA and Attorney Jamie Feldman.
‘Teen Wolf’ Actor Nabs ‘Maze Runner’ Lead
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'