EXCLUSIVE: Tarsem and Ryan Reynolds are in talks to team on Selfless, the co-production between Endgame Entertainment and FilmDistrict. Based on a script by Carriers scribes Alex and David Pastor, the thriller focuses on a wealthy older man who discovers he’s dying and pays to have his mind transplanted into a younger man’s body. Turns out that body is a cadaver whose previous inhabitant was murdered. Soon, he’s hunted by killers as he tries to get to the bottom of who took him out in the first place. Tarsem most recently helmed Immortals and Mirror, Mirror, and this sounds like the kind of heady subject the visualist does well. Reynolds, coming off Safe House, grounds the film with a sympathetic protagonist. Both are repped by CAA, and Tarsem is lawyered by Linda Lichter and Reynolds by David Weber. Endgame chief James D. Stern and FilmDistrict’s Peter Schlessel will produce alongside Ram Bergman. They teamed on Looper, a similarly quirky premise.
Tarsem, Ryan Reynolds In ‘Selfless’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation
- It's Official: Sony Scraps 'The Interview'
- Michael Stuhlbarg Joins Steve Jobs Pic
- Sony Scraps TV Advertising On 'The Interview'