Exhibitors are scrambling for ways to draw in ticket buyers with enticements including diversified concessions offerings, they tell me. The more unique the snack product the better. So here’s one of the smartest new vendors to hit the CinemaCon floor in 2013: Barcel USA, purveyors of the popular Mexican corn chip snacks called Takis. It’s Barcel’s first year pushing Takis to exhibitors but a rep says interest is high given the product’s popularity and brand recognition in the Hispanic market — the prime moviegoing segment that’s grown to account for 25% of all movies seen last year, according to Nielsen. In his CinemaCon address Tuesday NATO’s John Fithian singled out the audience segment as “our best customers”. (Even outside the Hispanic demo Takis has some youth awareness thanks to this video that went viral last year.)
CinemaCon: Theater Concessions Tailored To Rising Hispanic Audience
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Judy Greer, Natasha Lyonne Head To Jamie Babbit's 'Fresno'
- WME Signs Joel Kinnaman
- Finance & Production Shingle Vega, Baby! Expands Into Distribution
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'