Last night’s series premiere of Syfy’s new drama Defiance drew 2.7 million viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49 to become the channel’s most-watched scripted series premiere in adults 18-49 and 18-34 (479,000) in seven years, since the 2006 debut of Eureka. The two-hour Defiance opener also delivered Syfy’s top performance in total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million) since 2009 (Warehouse 13). Defiance was developed as a TV series and companion Trion Worlds video game, which has logged more than 6 million hours of gameplay since its April 2 launch. Defiance is NBCUniversal’s biggest day-and-date launch ever, premiering in more than 55 countries April 15-16 including the UK, Canada, Germany and France. Beginning next Monday, Defiance will assume its regular 9 PM time period, followed on Monday, April 29 by the season return of Warehouse 13 at 10 PM.
Syfy’s ‘Defiance’ Off To Strong Ratings Start
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates