Last night’s series premiere of Syfy’s new drama Defiance drew 2.7 million viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49 to become the channel’s most-watched scripted series premiere in adults 18-49 and 18-34 (479,000) in seven years, since the 2006 debut of Eureka. The two-hour Defiance opener also delivered Syfy’s top performance in total viewers and adults 25-54 (1.4 million) since 2009 (Warehouse 13). Defiance was developed as a TV series and companion Trion Worlds video game, which has logged more than 6 million hours of gameplay since its April 2 launch. Defiance is NBCUniversal’s biggest day-and-date launch ever, premiering in more than 55 countries April 15-16 including the UK, Canada, Germany and France. Beginning next Monday, Defiance will assume its regular 9 PM time period, followed on Monday, April 29 by the season return of Warehouse 13 at 10 PM.
Syfy’s ‘Defiance’ Off To Strong Ratings Start
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'